Happy Fursday! We have another adorable, adoptable pet who needs a loving home! If you're looking to bring a puppy, kitty, dog, cat or other small furry friend into your home, please consider adopting! Front Street Animal Shelter has so many friendly faces looking to find their forever home! Each week, our featured pet will be available to adopt with all fees waived! That's ZERO DOLLARS for a lovable, squeezable, huggable and furry addition to your family!
VERY IMPORTANT: You cannot go down to the shelter without an appointment! To meet our #Fursday friend, you must email DogFoster@cityofsacramento.org to set up a meet n' greet!
Meet this week's sweet little girl Junebug!
Breed: Border Collie Mix
Age: 10 Months Old
Color: Brown & White
- This spunky little pup is the life of the party! She loves snuggles, walks, play time, and getting her zoomie zooms out. She especially loves having room to run and is always interested in a good cuddle or belly rub. While JuneBug loves being loved, she has also got just as much love, and plenty of kisses, to give!
- Junebug needs an active home with consistent training and attention. She would love to shine out as the only pet in a home and would love to be in a home with older kids that are mellow and will not overly excite her as she is working on her training.
- She may think she is master of the house at first, but with consistent training though, she will understand her "place" and will adapt to her role in time. She does well with simple commands such as "sit", "out", "off" or "bed", she is working on learning "down", "leave it", and "wait".
- While tethering and kennel training has helped June to connect and find her "place", setting boundaries and close supervision is still required. When left alone, she loves her kennel where she feels safe, and she especially appreciates a fun puzzle, hearty chew toy, and a comfy blanket or simple mat (she will "de-stuff" anything stuffed and should not be left with full access to any room if left alone). Be sure to keep things "picked up" as she considers small toys and items on her level to be "fair game".
- Though she is house trained, she may have accidents if she is left alone, gets nervous, or if one of her "humans" are no longer in sight. Limiting her area of access in the home will be key in the beginning and letting her out for potty breaks right after eating and drinking (and in between) is important. With time and consistent training, this little "Bug" will continue to grow and shine. She has shown food aggression with her litter mates so implementing a training program at home that works on these behaviors would be a good idea. We will be able to help you with that. She has been here at the shelter for quite a while and would love a comfy home where she can have consistency in a training program.
- She's got so much love and energy, and many hidden skills, all of which will blossom with the right "pack". JuneBug will truly brighten your days, bringing laughter and smiles to your home for years to come
- More Details: Click Here.
If you are interested in adopting Junebug, you can email Front Street at DogFoster@cityofsacramento.org to find out if foster placement is ideal for you, your family and Junebug. Should you and Junebug be a good match, Front Street will waive all fees associated with adoption!
Here is everything that you get for FREE with your adoption of this week's featured #Fursday pet:
- Spay or Neuter Surgery
- Bordetella & DHPP Vaccinations
- Flea Preventative
- Deworming Preventative
- Heartworm Test (6 months of age or older)
- Rabies Vaccination (4 months of age or older)
- 1-Year Dog License (Sacramento City Residents only)
- Personalized Engraved Tag
- Free Health Check-Up Voucher
- Dog Collar & Leash
Lets help this sweet girl find her forever home!
Front Street Social Media