According to a new study, it doesn't matter how tidy you keep your home, there is always ONE place, spot or room that is a natural disaster magnet. The survey was conducted with 2,000 participants, 80% of them claiming they have a “cleaning black hole”, an area that is simply impossible to keep clean or organized consistently. The most common places: closets, garages, basements, man caves and one incredibly realistic and funny participant even said “anywhere my son touches”.
- 88% of the participants have at least one junk drawer.
- 33% of the participants say they didn't pick the junk drawer, the junk drawer simply materialized on its own
- 37% say their kitchen drawers are the messiest in the entire house
- 49% have admitted to having a "laundry chair"
- 38% have a "yet-to-be-sorted paper pile"
- 24% have a "junk bowl" for keys and clutter
- 82% have a cabinet for food storage containers, which 1/5 claim is an unorganized disaster
- 62% have a plastic bag filled with other plastic bags
- 82% of Baby Boomers have a “bag bag”
- 70% of Generation X and 63% of Millennials also have bag bags.
The reason for cleaning black holes?
- 34% say they are overwhelmed or too distracted to tackle them
- 32% blame the size of the space (too small)
- 19% blame the mess on other members of the household
HBU? What is your cleaning black hole and why?