After closing their doors back in March due to Covid-19, AMC Theatres began to reopen yesterday. They're hoping the reopen process goes smoothly and to have 2/3rds of their theaters September 3.
They released a statement via email:
"We already have opened more than half of our theaters in Europe and the Middle East, safely and without incident, and will open all by Aug. 26. Here in the United States, we will begin opening AMC with more than 100 theaters resuming operations on Aug. 20, and continuing such that about two-thirds of our theaters across the country should be open no later than Sept. 3. The remaining AMC locations will open after we get further clearance from state and local authorities that it is safe to do so."
Incentives To Return:
- Limited seating to enforce social distancing
- Masks are required all guests and employees
- Hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes are widely available
- Reduced cash handling at box offices and concession stands (Food and beverages can be ordered online via mobile phones)
- Extra time between showings to clean each auditorium
- Continuous extra cleaning and disinfecting of high-traffic areas
New Releases Hitting The Theater:
- The New Mutants (Aug. 28)
- Tenet (Sept. 3)
- Unhinged (Aug. 21)
With few titles to fill in time slots, they will be filling in the gaps with older movies at $5/ticket (plus tax):
- Beauty and the Beast
- Black Panther
- and more...