The Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event is a playful opportunity for men, women, and children to raise awareness in their community about the serious causes, effects, and remediation men’s sexualized violence against women. The funds raised support WEAVE’s 24/7 services.
Last year 805 men, women, and children walked a mile in high heels raising more than $286,000 to support survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and sex trafficking.
Because of YOU, the following is possible:
- 10,000 calls to the 24/7 Support & Information Line will be answered
- 15,000 bednights of safe and confidential shelter will be provided
- Legal assistance will be provided to 675-750 victims
- Ensuring that every sexual assault victim has an advocate with them as they go through an evidentiary exam
- Provide 24/7 response to more than 125 victims of sex trafficking
- Provide individual and group counseling to 1,500 victims
- Provide prevention education to 3,100 youth and 4,000 adults
REGISTER NOW! CLICK HERE!
IF you can't make it out to the main Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event, you have another option! A Mini Mile!
Join us for the:
-Opportunity for men, women, and children to register for the main event on May 20
-Try on shoes - take home the ones you love for the main event
-Walk a quarter mile
-Get fundraising tips
-Learn more about WEAVE and how we support survivors of domestic violence,sexual assault, and sex trafficking in our community
-Support local businesses, while supporting WEAVE. Each Mini Mile location has agreed to donate a percentage of the proceeds from the mini mile events back to WEAVE